Are you an experienced support worker with British Sign Language Skills in Suffolk?
Easton and Otley College are looking to recruit an Advanced Communication Support Worker to join its team established team of support staff on a permanent, term time only basis.
Our ideal candidate will be experienced and qualified to level 3 in both British Sign Language and have the certificate of communication support for deaf learners, or equivalent.
As part of the role you will get the opportunity to support students in vocational areas of the college to ensure that learners can fulfil their potential and have a full and enjoyable experience in our college environment. In return we can offer you a vibrant and supportive environment within a team of multi-skilled professional and mutually supportive colleagues, you will assist our students to access their learning and fulfil their potential.
Supportive Student achievement is paramount to our approach and you will have an opportunity to have a truly rewarding career with us.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- To work proactively with identified students
- To enable equality of access to information and education, to meet the needs of students.
- To empower the learner with use of a range of appropriate strategies of support, encouraging the development of the individual student and helping to facilitate successful integration of the group.
- To provide access to a range of learning materials using appropriate communication methods to match the needs of the individual student.
- To transcribe videos and prepare learning materials appropriate to the needs of specific deaf students.
- To liaise closely with teaching staff regarding the delivery of the course, advising as appropriate on the modification and differentiation of the learning environment, material and delivery styles.
- To provide appropriate support to students during examinations and assessments, according to guidelines issued by the awarding bodies.
- To enable and empower students to discuss their own learning requirements with teaching staff and other professionals
Closing date: 27th November 2016
Interview date: 8th December 2016
The Otley campus is a self-contained campus located 9 miles outside Ipswich, Otley caters for a wide range of courses in a number of specialist buildings, many of which have been recently refitted and refurbished.
Why Work at Easton and Otley College?
In addition to a competitive salary and annual leave package, a beautiful countryside environment and an occupational pension scheme, Easton and Otley College offers ongoing CPD, free parking, a subsidised canteen, free DBS Checks, free hot drinks and complementary use of our fitness centres.
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy please download and complete the following documents: Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form. Please return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively post to HR Department, Easton & Otley College, Easton, Norwich, NR9 5DX.
If you are successful in securing an interview for this vacancy we will contact you via the email address you provide on your application form.
Easton and Otley College are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all people and expects its employees, volunteers and students to share this commitment.
If you have any further information you can contact us on the Recruitment line: 01603 731200
Easton & OtleyCollege – Inspiring Skills for a Sustainable Future
(Please note: This is a paid advertisement by Easton & Otley College)