– Department of Children’s Services – Bradford Council
– Band: MPS/UPS +2 SEN
– Full-time (Teachers Terms and Conditions)
– Based at Margaret McMillan Tower
This is a new post for working in partnership with schools across Bradford District to develop provision for deaf children with additional and complex needs. We are seeking a creative, innovative teacher of the deaf with an interest in this area of work or a teacher with special school experience who wishes to work with deaf children (this will include training as a teacher of the deaf within 3 years of taking up the post).
The role will involve:
- To support teachers, pupils and parents/carers in developing and managing approaches and provision for deaf/hearing impaired children with additional and complex needs in a range of settings.
- To optimise outcomes for these children by providing guidance to schools at a strategic level and through assessment, teaching, training and support for staff.
- To work in partnership with other agencies involved in services to deaf children.
Please refer to the job profile for experience and qualifications required for this post.
For further information regarding this post please contact Sue Marsden on 01274 439517 or email email@example.com
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
Please download the Job Profile (PDF): Bradford Council – Teacher of the Deaf – Jan 2015
Closing Date: 18th January 2016
(Please note: This is a paid advertisement by Bradford Council)