Oxford Diocesan Council for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Are you passionate about ministry with and by deaf and hard of hearing people? Would you like to help reshape the way in which the church responds to the changing needs of deaf communities? Are you excited by the potential and the challenges of mission in the context of deaf and hard of hearing communities?
We are looking for an ordained minister in the Church of England who:
- Understands the spiritual needs of deaf people and the implications for their pastoral care
- Has experience of ministering to deaf people in community and church contexts
- Is both self-motivating and enthusiastic about working collaboratively
- Has BSL communication skills up to, or readily willing to attain level 3
- Has the ability to prioritise work and manage time, including meeting deadlines
The post will attract a pensionable salary of £40,670. Alternatively, you can opt for incumbent rate stipend of £25,833 and housing allowance of £13,474.
This role attracts a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) for the appointed persons to be an ordained member of the Church of England under Part 1 Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this role.
Closing date: 5:00pm 24th June 2016
Interviews: 5th July 2016
To request an information pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more informal conversation please contact: Tim Edge – 01993 773438
We are committed to the promotion of equal opportunities for all.
(Please note: This is a paid advertisement by Diocesan of Oxford)