£29.96 per hour inclusive of training, travel time and session and resource preparation, sessional, term time only
Frank Barnes School for Deaf Children – the First Choice for Deaf Children in London:
- We have a national and international reputation as a centre of excellence
- Every child develops a positive sense of their deaf identity and becomes a successful learner
- BSL and English are taught to a high standard enabling our children to become fluent in both languages
- Parents and carers are fully involved in the life of the school
We are looking for Family Communication Support Workers to join our innovative and exciting school with a reputation as a centre of excellence in deaf education.
The post will visit the homes of families from our school on a regular weekly basis and provide sign language and related support to parents and extended family of the deaf child/children, following the NDCS Family Communication curriculum.
We would welcome applications from those who have the following:
- excellent BSL Skills to CACDP stage 3 or equivalent;
- have excellent communication skills in English / adapting to minority languages;
- the ability to drive / travel by public transport;
- ability to keep accurate records;
- ability to work with deaf children and their families.
For further information and application forms please visit our website – www.fbarnes.camden.sch.
Tel: 020 7345 1704
Closing date and Short listing: Midday 10th March 2016
Interview date: Monday 14th March 2016
Please ensure you are available to attend the interview date.
(Please note: This is a paid advertisement by Frank Barnes School for Deaf Children)