Salary: £24,000 pro rata (2 days a week)
Location: Flexible Location
Job Type: Part-time – 2 days a week
Job Reference: BDA-GD-102015
The British Deaf Association (BDA) is on the hunt for a part-time talented Graphic Designer.
We are looking for the next addition to our talented team who wants to be part of communication revolution. There has never been a more exciting time to work for the BDA as it celebrates its 125 Year Anniversary this year.
This post is designed to create dynamic graphic design using the latest design methods across the BDA that will increase its visibility, grow its profile and reach, excite and influence our growing audiences on a national and international scale.
Who you are
- A talented graphic designer with at least +3 years experience working in a similar role.
- Ability to think creatively and deliver clever concepts, with a high level of proficiency in design, web and multimedia applications.
- Proven track record of designing both print communications, such as magazine, banners, posters, advertisements and other promotional material; as well as digital communications across web, digital and social media platforms and applications.
- Experience in branding, executing corporate communications and designing corporate identity.
- Ability to advise on best creative strategy and design solutions that have a high visual impact.
- Ability to keep a cool head and meet deadlines, employing problem solving skills and demonstrating a meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong creative eye for commercial colour and composition, artistry, animation, photography, illustration.
- Ability to proof read to produce accurate and high-quality work to deadline, managing competing priorities and meeting strict deadlines.
- Other IT complementary skills: MS Office Suite, Access, Outlook, HTML, CMS, Adobe CC, and Photography.
The position requires a designer to conceptualise and implement design solutions that best delivers BDA’s communication strategies, overseeing design from concept to completion. The following is a list of key (not exhaustive) duties:
- Develop creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to maximise BDA’s objectives.
- Design concepts to specified BDA briefs, designing layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style.
- Create print and/ or digital graphics for events, promotional activities, reports, presentations, website and social media channels.
- Work with BDA’s current graphic designer and assist in the design in BDA’s monthly magazine, British Deaf News, as and when required to meet print deadlines.
- Advise BDA internal and external clients on strategies to reach a particular audience and determine the message the design should portray.
- Ensure branding is kept within BDA branding guidelines.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Previous experience working with Deaf and British Sign Language users.
- Advanced Qualification in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- GCSE grade A-C in English and Arts or equivalent.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Undertake an enhanced CRB check.
- Commitment to achieving British Sign Language Level 2 qualification within two years of passing probation.
- Work occasional flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Travel away from home occasionally for organisational meetings.
Download a copy of job description here.
If you are interested in the position please apply as soon as possible with your cover letter and CV / resume to Lyndon Borrow – Digitial Engagement Coordinator – email@example.com
Closing date: 6 November 2015