52 weeks – permanent contract
Salary: SMR A (£48,339 – £59,073)
This is an exciting opportunity to build upon the successful work of the Newham Sensory Service.
Newham continues to invest in children and young people with Sensory Impairments.
We are now looking to recruit a Manager/Head of Sensory Service. The successful applicant will have key strategic and operational responsibilities and will have significant opportunities to influence the SEND 0-25 strategy for children with Sensory Impairments in Newham. In order to do
The post holder will be responsible for sustaining and building upon the positive reputation the Service has developed locally and regionally and ensure that high standards remain and are further developed.
Overall Purpose of Job
- To ensure that children, young people and their families in Newham receive a first class service that enables them to fulfil their potential, and when they need additional support, will provide services or broker services that are local and easily accessible.
- Provide vision, direction and strategic leadership for the Sensory Service and work in partnership with other senior managers across CYPS to improve outcomes for children and young people.
- Provide professional advice and support to decision makers and professionals and ensure the developmental and learning needs of children and young people are accurately assessed and responded to appropriately.
- Support the Head of Access and Inclusion in the development, delivery and review of services so that the life chances of children and young people with a sensory impairment are maximised.
- To ensure that the resources available are allocated efficiently, transparently and with equity so that children and young people achieve their potential.
- The post holder will be required to occasionally work some evenings and in an emergency at weekends and occasional public holidays in order to meet service requirements and in order to ensure appropriate representation of the Council with residents, the Mayor, elected members and external bodies.
Application pack and further details please apply online at www.newham.gov.uk – Job Ref LBN 00724
We would encourage general enquiries from potential candidates to discuss this exciting opportunity. For an informal discussion contact email@example.com or call 0203 373 2100.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 5th October 2016 (midnight)
Interview dates: Wednesday 12th October
The schools in Newham are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
(Please note: This is a paid advertisement by Newham London Council)