• Provision for Deaf Children and Young People
• MPS/UPS, Inner London Allowance, plus SEN 2 Allowance (dependent upon qualifications)
• Fulltime, Permanent
St Paul’s Way Trust School, in association with Queen Mary, University of London, is ideally seeking a qualified Teacher of the Deaf to join our large and growing provision for deaf and partially hearing children and young people, however those without the mandatory qualification who are interested in training are also encouraged to apply.We are currently supporting 23 students, spread across the secondary age range. Communication modes used within the school include spoken English, with or without Sign Supported English. Students from the specialist provision also have access to FM radio transmitters and receivers.
The successful candidate will:
- Work in partnership with the school and the Additional Educational Needs Team to develop an inclusive and innovative provision for deaf students.
- Work as part of a team with other specialist workers in the provision including other teachers of the deaf, a deaf instructor and learning support assistants, who are skilled and experienced at working with deaf students.
- Promote multi-agency working with a range of external specialist staff including Audiology and Speech and Language Therapy professionals.
- Support the Subject Leader in the development of the provision for deaf students in order to raise the profile of the provision throughout the school and local community.
- Additional support is available from the Tower Hamlets Sensory Support Service.
- Have a mandatory qualification to teach hearing impaired children with experience of working in a resourced provision or other specialist setting.
- Have the drive and ambition to improve the life chances of deaf children.
- Be able to oversee the use of audiological equipment used by the students.
- BSL level 2 or above, would be an advantage.
- Previous or recent experience of teaching English or Maths would be an advantage.
In March 2013, Ofsted described the school as ‘Outstanding’ in every category, including the VI Form. We were recently designated as a National Teaching School. The school was commended for its “relentless pursuit of scholarship and excellence”. Our award winning new building is situated in the heart of East London and Professor Brian Cox OBE is our Patron.
If you would like to play your part in creating outstanding provision for our students, we would very much like to hear from you.
To arrange a visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Midday, Thursday 15th October 2015
Interviews will be taking place on Monday, 19th October 2015
Please note: we do not accept CVs alone.
Download JD – Job Description (MS Word)
Download PS – Person Specification (MS Word)
For further details of the post and to download an application pack please visit www.spwt.net
To apply, please send covering letter and completed application form to email@example.com
MPS and UPS scales are decided in accordance with the school’s pay policy. Details are available to applicants on request. St Paul’s Way Trust School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS Check.
(Please note – this is a paid advertisement for third party – British Deaf Association is not responsible for the above content)